Palazzo municipale, The Town hall
PLACES OF INTEREST
The town hall is located on the former convent of the Carmine. The historical sources tell us that the official date indicates that the laying of the first stone took place on 26th August 1480, but the building was largely restored by Architect Schellino in the 19th century with the addition of a third floor and of the “Torre dei Cessi” (1862-1864).
The entrance and the portico are what remains of the aisle of the renaissance church of the Carmine, dating back to the early 16th century. During the restorations works on the façade of the past years has been brought to light a large fresco representing Our Lady of Carmel.
Here are located the Town Hall, the Historical and Archaeological Museum “G. Gabetti” (at the first floor) the Luigi Einaudi Museum and the The Bottega del Vino (in the cellars).